Apr 29, 2011

If I knew I could, I would...

"It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday..." with Lisa-Jo! Five-minute Friday is here, and it's a doozy of a topic. Seriously, I've been thinking about it since last night, mulling it over in my mind. And I'll tackle it in five minutes, no editing or reworking or anything. Promise. ;)

GO!

If I knew I could, I would write. I would write in such a way that you could relive it, understand it, and apply it. I would write about the things that inspire and the things that totally suck. I would write in such a way that you wouldn't have to live in the black, in the darkness, in the mire.

Because I've been there, I've lived there, and I hate watching someone else go through it. It's the kind of mire that, yes, you know the way out, but that way has disappeared, is no longer passable, and you can't tell someone how to get out because they have to live it for themselves. They have to face the darkness, the abyss, and you can encourage them from the other side, but how much do they really believe you? How much can they trust you?

That's the kind of writing I'd do. I'd mark the paths so that I could pull you out quicker, sooner, less messy. Or build a bridge so that you wouldn't get caught at all. But that's not the way that God made us, and that's not the way He works. He doesn't just let us live out the struggle for someone else because we have to experience them for ourselves. Otherwise, we wouldn't remember the lessons. We wouldn't grow.

Though I'd love to do the growing for you, I can't. But I can encourage you from the other side.

STOP!

I definitely added one more sentence at the end...but I think it was needed. If you're inspired to take five minutes and write, go here...




...and link up! 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Very nice five minutes! I bet many of us wrote about writing. :-) I love how encouragement is evident throughout this post.

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Yes! me too, girl. I wanta encourage someone through to the otherside. Yep.